Please sign in using your HPCC Login to complete the application process. If any issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) is currently seeking hospice and palliative social workers to serve on the 2023 Role Delineation Study/Job Analysis Committee.
This is your chance to describe the role of the Advanced Palliative Hospice Social Worker Certified (APHSW-C). A comprehensive study will be conducted by the Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC) to update the APHSW-C examination to include all significant aspects of hospice and palliative social work. Please consider this opportunity to help ensure that we receive responses from a representative sample of hospice and palliative social workers.
Requirements for participation include:
- A commitment to your profession
- Availability to attend a two day meeting (in-person) in Orlando, Florida on Wednesday, January 18th and Thursday, January 19th (10am-4pm each day) (travel/meeting expenses are paid by HPCC)
- Following the face-to-face meeting, attend up to four conference calls.
- Agreement to maintain complete security of materials
- Agreement to maintain confidentiality of all materials and discussions related to this project
- Availability of a computer with internet access with working speaker and telephone to participate in the orientation and working session
- Selected participants will receive 10 HPAR volunteer points towards recertification (if currently certified)
- You do not need to be certified to participate
In order to determine that the committee is representative of our certificants, not all those who apply to volunteer will be selected to participate. Selections will be based on creating a committee, which is representative of the practice of hospice and palliative social work in terms of geographic regions, years of experience, education, practice setting, gender, race, and ethnicity.
The deadline for accepting applications is Monday, November 21, 2022. Those selected to participate will be notified by email.