The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation (HPNF) has received funding to develop online educational training videos tailored to cover fundamental considerations for end-of-life care for patients of various faiths. It is our overarching goal to develop a menu of “on-the-go” online learning resources to foster a stronger understanding of diverse communities.
We are currently seeking multiple HPNA volunteers to serve as Subject Matter Experts for Jewish, Buddhist, and Hindu faiths to assist in guiding the development of the overall outline and content of the video.
End of Life Care Topics to include but not limited to:
- Cultural Pain Perceptions
- Religious and Cultural Considerations to Palliative Care
- Religious Traditions, Rituals and Beliefs
With provided professional videography, the SME would record/narrate portions of the video. Expectation would require 3-4 planning meetings prior to the production of the video. Total SME time estimation 10 hours.
- Identification of SMEs by April 2023
- Content Development April – August 2023
- Recording of Video by September 2023
- Finalization of Video by November 2023
- Distribution of Resource December 2023 and ongoing
This volunteer opportunity is eligible for FPCN and HPAR points.